Saturday, August 23, 2008

Start of the Semester

Wow the beginning of a new school semester. I took the summer off and was really appreciative of the break. The change in my work schedule was difficult to manage at the end of the last semester. I had to quickly find a new way to manage my time and effectively work my school work into my new work schedule. I now work 4-12 hour days. One would think, "Great! Four days off." But, it really doesn't equate to that. With the addition of school it equates to zero, goose egg, zilch, nada days off. By the time my work day is done, I get home, feed the dog (try to spend at least thirty minutes playing with her), take a shower, eat a bite, read the Bible, play a game on my phone and it's easily 9:45-10:15 p.m. That gives me a good 4 hours of sleep before the next work day starts. Just from getting ready in the morning, the drive to work and back and the work day itself is a whopping 15 1/2 hours up and going. I have started to notice gray hairs that I never had before and a noticeable decrease in energy. Thankfully I will be retiring in October (or near there) and can dedicate a little more time to school.

No comments: